As a developer, we may have to enable SSL Debug Trace in WebSphere. Hence, following are the brief steps that could be used for reference:-
1. In the WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Admin Console, navigate to Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers, then select the server name.
2. Under Server Infrastructure, expand Java and Process Management > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine.
3. Add the following to the end of the Generic JVM Arguments box:
4. Save to the master config, and restart the server for it to take hold.
5. This will add debug trace of the SSL handshake to the //profiles//logs//SystemOut.log
Happy Debugging 🙂